Another hot and sultry October day. I had an appointment with my doctor this morning, which pushed possible ride times off until noonish. He is leaving town, unable to make a living here, he says, and relocating to Wisconsin. His office was extraordinarily convenient, next to the fairgrounds.

With a signigicant southerly wind, I rode mostly east and a little north. Too dang hot. I dropped south to ride along the Lake Mac shore -- that helped quite a bit. So another fairly short ride. But more than an hour, so probably enough in this heat.

It is also time to begin shutting down the beach place for the season. Tomorrow the lawn sprinkling system people will come with their compressed air and blow the water out of the system. So all the outdoor water must be shut off. No more outdoor showering until next year. The leaves on the maple tree next to the deck are just drying up and falling off the tree. It should have gotten plenty of water, as the yard sprinkling system covers the base of that tree. The SLO's are going to move all of their stuff next weekend. So the rest of my rides this year will no longer include the Idlewood Hill. Unless I include it in my route. It could happen.
3 comments:
I am saddened.
I am saddened by the end of the outdoor showering season.
I am saddened by the closing of the beach house.
Alas, alack, well, I guess I am not so saddened after all. But it does signal an end.
Well, you could shower indoors and remain at the beach house a while longer! So many fond memories . . .
Thinking of beach house memories reminds me that my mom would love to see you while you are here. And Emily would like to show you her office up high in the IDS Tower. Lots to do (besides bike riding).
BB
BB --
I'd like to do both of those things. We may need to do some advance planning. ~ Santini
Post a Comment