Even the geese on the golf course had frizz this morning. It rained off and on yesterday, and the streets were not quite dry even by 9 am today. It was already 74 degrees when I left for my ride this morning. While I was out the temperature and the dew point both reached 77. It is the kind of weather where people with chronic health conditions should turn on the A/C and stay inside.

Wind is my friend in these conditions. A little evaporative cooling helps take the sting out of a headwind.

This photo is from my ride through Holland on Monday, taken in front of the Public Library. I took the photo because of the sculpture -- public art being a regular theme on some blogs I read regularly. I also noticed that there is a flowering tree behind the sculpture -- another recurring theme.

It was too oppressive to ride too far -- but I did get in about a two hour ride. After getting rained on when I attempted a ride yesterday, it was good to be able to finish the ride as planned. These last flowers are on a tree that looks like a dogwood to me. Dogwoods are some of my favorite trees, and this one is only about a mile from where I live. These flowers started out white and are turning pink -- something I haven't seen on any other tree. A low key ride, lunch with TOPWLH and then a few hours in the office preparing for my fall classes. No complaints.
3 comments:
I'm in favor of public art, but I don't recognize what this is attempting to portray. Is it some sort of stylized windmill blade? Just wondering. TT
I don't know either -- I've been looking at it and all I see is a horse. It seems to be quite abstract.
Perro del Sol -- Sun Dog. By Billy Mayer, a Hope College Professor of Art. I should have guessed -- I've looked at a lot of Billy's work over the years. SS
Post a Comment