Wednesday, January 14, 2009

By Request



Oslo commented that she and the SLO's enjoy these short videos, so here are a couple more. I took them both at Spring Lake Park, about 3.5 miles into a ride that I call the Rock Creek loop. In its most basic form, it is about a 10 mile ride, much of it along two waterways -- West Spring Lake and Rock Creek. I took the basic route today, having retained next to no biking fitness from the 2008 season.




The sign says, "Caution, Alligator Habitat." I was cautious. However, this is Florida, and any place where there is water there can be alligators. The locals claimed that it was cool today -- mid 60's. It seemed just fine to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the video's. It is like a taste of summer. It is soooo bitter here. Can you believe the kids still have school. TJ is not going outside at recess, they are keeping the kids indoors. At least they are smart enough to do that. Nikki gets to sit in the van or go to school in the van, so she is spending little time outside. I am glad for that. Enjoy that weather and bike riding. Good thing I joined the gym. Bye!

OSLO(Nancy)