Monday, November 23, 2009

About Average

I got a message from Vanessa, Andy's oldest, on Facebook this morning. She said, ""My dad was talking fondly of the miller family recipe for cranberry sauce. DO you have the recipe or might I find it on the family food blog?" Would anyone like to take that one and do a food blog post? Novembers are typically low mileage months, so a new November mileage record isn't a huge accomplishment, but today's ride to (a closed) Quincy Park gave me a new PR for November miles. It took 16 rides this years, as compared to 18 rides in November of 2007, the month it replaced. Obviously, my average ride length is greater this November than it was then. My average ride length has dropped from 2 hours this summer to 1.5 hours this month, as the weather has gotten colder, and as my fitness level has dropped. But apparently not as far as it did two years ago. So I'm pleased with that.

I think that the number of rides remaining for me in November can now be counted on one hand, probably one finger. The darkness in the middle of the day on a cloudy day like today continues to surprise me. Cold and dark returned here today, but the wet stuff is supposed to hold off until late tomorrow. The second photo is of the clubhouse at Macatawa Legends, the golf course now owned by my bank, since the developer went bankrupt. My bank will soon be owned by one of our local billionaires, I've heard, in a not unrelated piece of news. Billionaires can come in handy.

No comments: