Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Summary

January is nearly over. I posted on my blog more than I thought I would, but had fun doing it. Most of my other predictions worked out better -- a birthday, an anniversary, a few bike rides and some miles on foot. I did some cooking, including making soup at least twice.  (There's some tomato cabbage soup in the refrigerator now.) We've both stayed fairly healthy, with just minor complaints.  It was warmer than normal here off and on, including today. Today was also really, really windy, so I'll take this opportunity to complain about that. I tried a bike ride to the beach, but today was a day for wind toys, not bicycles. Though the birds seemed to be enjoying it.

I bought a new pair of sunglasses yesterday, giving me an excuse for yet one more January self portrait.
I did get to Ollie's Pond a couple of times this month -- including last Sunday, when I decided it would be a shadier place to jog than my usual routes.  There were quite a few more people walking around it, bird watching and photographing the scenery, than I'm used to there.  The "Sunday effect", I imagine.
Bike miles this month fell shy of 100, but took me to the places that I wanted to go under my own power that were too far to walk or jog.

Here's one more video from the beach today.



I think the February Theme Day theme may be "umbrellas."

2 comments:

Jimi said...

There won't be a need for umbrellas in these parts today, but I may be able to find a photo in the archives.

It sounds like your month was well spent.

Santini said...

Possibly from your Paris trips. I seem to recall a lot of photos on rainy days. It's the dry season here, but there are quite a few umbrellas at the beach and at restaurants with outdoor seating. I should be able to find something.