Wednesday, February 27, 2013

UBA

Jimi sent me a few of the photos that he took at Ollie's Pond this morning to fatten up my post, so photo
credits go to TT, with thanks.  The first one is my favorite, I think.  I believe that I've mentioned before that birdwatchers have discovered the pond, and there are always a number of them there with their binoculars and cameras.  Today was no exception.
I think this dove is a mourning dove -- we heard several of them while we were there, and they're common in Michigan, so I should know.  The sun came out while we were there and lit up the scene pretty nicely when we got around to the ibis side of the pond.  There didn't seem to be as many coots as we usually see there, but there were still plenty of birds to see, including either a stork or what we thought could have been a great white egret.  (This is also Jimi's photo.)
I'll insert my one and only photo of the day here. The alligator sign is always a good prop for people pictures.

I will wrap this up with a photo that Jimi took of NCW and Santini (that would be me).  He titled it OllieUBA.

UBA stands for -- (in a tip of the hat to BDE)-- Unsightly Bulge Alert.  He found it hilarious that we have both been well trained, and inhaled deeply in unison, when warned.

4 comments:

Jimi said...

Ollie's Pond is always a highlight and today the weather was perfect and the bird watching more than adequate.

I'll try to remember the 'alert" when I take photos after this.

Gino said...

Nice day at the pond.

Isn't there a footnote missing?

Retired Professor said...

Gino,

I'm old. You need to be more specific?

BDE said...

UBA is second nature to me now.
Nice post.