Sunday, November 3, 2013

Multi-Tasking

The Grands spent the night at the beach last night, along with the college girl's friend Alexis. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Totally Jammin' and I took a walk this morning and I took a couple of photos of the big lake in one its calmer moods.

OSLO arrived here early this afternoon and we began our list of tasks with a trip over to the Bay house to finish clearing out OSLO's closet.  That done, we moved on to task two.  The college girl wanted a TV and a microwave for her new dorm room, and we offered her the use of one of our TV's. We loaded it into the car and headed towards the campus, making a stop along the way to purchase a micro-wave for her. Task three.
We all arrived at campus in the dimming light of standard time evening hours, and unloaded her new appliances.  Many hands got things done fairly quickly, with the only glitch being the remote control to the TV.  No one remembered to pick it up and bring it along.  (And by no one, I mostly mean me.)  Tired and hungry, we made yet another stop -- for Sicilian pizza.  We went our separate ways from there, with one last
stop to drop the girl off at her dorm, then JB and I headed home.  I need a nap.

3 comments:

Jimi said...

Very nice lake photos. It seems to have a different personality every day. It looks like you're capturing quite a few of them.

It sounds like you had a productive and interesting day, topped off with a pizza. We had Jimmy's spaghetti and meatballs.

BDE said...

Wow, busy day. Good thing you are still pretty young (compared to Bud and Opal anyway!). I love the second photo--it seems kind of moody.

OSLO said...

It was definitely busy and productive. I am thinking getting the remote there will be the easiest of the moving we have done. That being said, now we can just visit. Sounds good. The pizza was awesome and the help from the grandparents ALWAYS appreciated. Good pizza and loving those pictures. Beautiful. Thanks again mom and dad. The COTU's definitely know how much they are loved!


OSLO