The morning group continues to walk nearly every day, and most times I walk with them. Twice this week we walked through Sunset Bluff, an upscale neighborhood just south of our little community. It's dunes, so it's a lot of uphill/downhill. A few of you have biked to the top of that dune, and know what I mean. Monday we walked nearly to the top then went down the stairs to the beach and walked back along the water's edge. That's where the idea was hatched to rent some fat tired bikes and ride them from the State Park to Tunnel Park and back. It wasn't on anybody's bucket list, but maybe it should have been.
Today we walked all of the streets and cul-de-sacs in Sunset Bluff, then returned to our neighborhood via the secret route, down a common driveway for a number of homes, then along a path that goes next to those tennis courts in the back corner of our neighborhood. Fun.
6 comments:
It sounds like a nice walk and fun to make some discoveries so close to home. I think I've seen those tennis courts and wondered where the path there led to.
Water in a solid form?
Gino -- Just barely. We had a warm shot of air mid week, then falling temps. It was low 20's this morning, still tolerable.
Sunset Bluff is super hilly and I'm guessing it is just as difficult on foot. Sounds fun.
Stay warm out there.
Sounds like good exercise and maybe even a little soulful. We should walk it at sunset sometime.
BDE -- Excellent idea. You'd love all the hills and the stairs to the beach just go on and on and on and on.
Post a Comment