FOMO is a made up word -- it stands for "fear of missing out." Both GZ and TT blogged recently, so here I am. I've been outside most days this week, at least for a while. This first photo is from a morning bike ride that I took earlier this week. If it is of any comfort at all, the sun is high enough in the sky at this point that it is hot on my head when I'm outside. This wasn't true a month ago. The sun is on its way back north, in spite of how it seems where you guys live.
Yesterday it was too windy for me to bike, so I took a walk along the Peace River. The local historical society was holding an event for busloads full of school children there, and I had no idea that there were so many children in this county. It was nice to see some young faces, for a change. Funnel cakes and hot dogs made an appearance, but I didn't particularly want to stand in line for grease and sugar. Even tasty grease and sugar. Besides, that would have used up my yearly allowance for funnel cakes, ruining Tulip Time for me.
I was back on the bike today for a short ride to the beach again. It has been a humbling experience to begin doing a bit of biking after a long, long layoff. I have no legs.
I tried a different point of view for my picture taking today. Close-ups instead of landscapes. The first and last photos are pretty obvious, but the middle one looked strange even to me when I downloaded it. (It's a tree trunk.)
2 comments:
It's encouraging to know that the sun is coming north. I hope that it hustles it up. We need to de-ice the freeways.
The pictures are nice and remind me that not everywhere is a winter wonderland.
Nice pictures!!!!!! I miss the south. Enjoy!!!!! Tomm. Eric comes to get rid of ice dams on my roof. Yay!!!!!
OSLO
Post a Comment