Saturday, May 31, 2014

SUP

The girl grandchild said it first -- "this is a bloggable moment."  We were in the parking lot of the sporting goods store, wrestling with a 10 foot 6 inch stand up paddle board, which was too long to fit comfortably inside my truck.  We made it fit, tying down the rear door with the boy grandchild's belt.  I'm not at all sure that it was completely legal, but we got it home.

Ummm.  The water is still pretty cold.  Low 50's in the shallows, about 37 at the mid lake bouy.

The girl has done this before, but it's been a couple of years.  And it was just the one time.
Don't go out so far!
Remembering how to stand up.  Then it is the boy's turn.
 He's never done this before --
He gets the hang of it fairly quickly.  And then he doesn't, and then he does.... Those boat waves are tricky.

To quote the Grands, "Making memories."

6 comments:

BDE said...

I love those grands of yours. Making memories is what life is all about. (Well, there is also making life a better experience for as many people as possible . . . ).

Anonymous said...

THAT LOOKS LIKE FUN GREAT TIMES P

Jimi said...

Isn't that water too cold to risk falling? It looks like they had fun and made some memories.

Nice job with the boy's belt to provide closure for the vehicle. Bungee cords work, too. I had to use them when helping transport Adam's new table to his house.

Santini said...

Jimi -- Yes, that water is too cold to risk falling. Only one of them fell -- TJ, who was totally new to this. They were (mostly) in fairly shallow water, thus 50's, so not dangerous.

I had bungee cords at home, but didn't plan ahead very well. I also have top carrier things on my truck, but wasn't prepared with tie down straps for them either. Lots of poor planning involved. It all worked out though, and the kids saw it as an adventure of sorts.

Emily M said...

That looks like a great time!

OSLO said...

Enjoyed the pictures and that is one cool board. Enjoyed the video too. I did put my toes in and that is definitely cold!


OSLO