Thursday, June 5, 2014

Destination

The light in the woods a little after 9 this morning was nice.  This path begins across the street from Tunnel Park and cuts through to a quiet neighborhood.  It was a little cool, but we'd warmed up and the jackets came off before we got back home.  Big Red (the dog) likes this route, I think.
The mileage was not as long as some walks we've taken lately.  LH had an exercise class later in the morning and I had a bike ride planned for the afternoon, another destination ride.  Quincy Park  has public water, though I didn't really need any at that point.  And it has benches.  Though I didn't really plan to sit, either.
I was standing over my bike, just watching the flag flying over the ballfield, resting on my handlebars and thinking that this ride didn't feel as long as the ride to the PSPS, though they're almost exactly the same length.
At that exact moment the flag snapped -- and changed from gently waving in a north wind to standing straight out from a west wind.  The lake breeze had followed me that far inland.  The 8 mile ride home was now going to include 4 miles of headwind.  I hate it when that happens.

1 comment:

OSLO said...

Looks like a beautiful day. That is so cool how the flag stood straight out. Doesn't usually happen. Got that cake ordered. Always enjoy the pictures.


OSLO