The ambulance pulled up alongside this little bridge as I approached it. Two bikers had crashed out on the slippery surface of the boardwalk, and one of them was still down. She'd landed on her hip and couldn't move, I was told by her riding companion, so she'd called 911. I watched as they loaded her on the stretcher, then I continued on, bypassing the slippery bridge.
This was about a mile from the Port Sheldon Party store -- I took the photo on my return trip. It really was too wet to ride today.
It was quite a bit warmer and sunnier a couple of days ago when I biked into downtown Holland to check out the Tulip Time festivities. The trees and the tulips attract a lot of tourists, most of them with cameras.
I understand that there are a couple of tourists crossing Michigan today -- and the 5 mile long bridge that connects the UP with the Mitten. On their way to the Hockey Hall of Fame, I believe. In Canada. I look forward to some fresh bloggable material.

1 comment:
Be careful out there. Those slippery surfaces can be a nasty surprise.
The tulips are looking pretty again this year. Spring is welcome.
Post a Comment