Saturday, December 26, 2015

Substitutions

Looking back over my 70+ years, or even just over the 50+ years that JB and I have been together,  Christmas traditions have varied a lot.  It pays to be flexible, it seems.  In recent years late Decembers have been spent in Florida, just the two of us, often with our daughter and grandchildren arriving for a visit a day or two after the holiday.  I often used some time on what was always a very quiet Christmas day to take a bike ride -- sometimes to the beach, and last year to Ollie's Pond Park.  This year I took a Christmas Eve walk to Tunnel Park.


Christmas Day I took advantage of the late start to winter by taking a short bike ride -- 41 degrees with a light north wind.  A December bike ride, in Michigan.


Then there is that other thing -- about my daughter and my grandchildren often visiting us in Florida a day or two after Christmas.


Well, that worked out differently, too.  The College Girl and Totally Jammin' had lunch today in Fisherman's Village in Punta Gorda (along with OSLO and her fiance).  Harpoon Harry's, if I remember correctly.  Here they are, fresh off the plane, with the Peace River in the background.  Their tickets were purchased "before."  We hope they have a great time, relaxing in the warm sunshine.

3 comments:

Gino said...

A little Tunnel Park, a little Flor-Ida. Allowing for a little discontinuity it still seems like a Michigan family Seasons Greetings.

BDE said...

Is that ironic that they are there and you are in Michigan? In any case, it is kind of funny and you have a great attitude about it. At least you got your Christmas Day bike ride in!

Santini said...

Well, it is the opposite of what was expected, so I'm going with ironic. But then, I'm an accountant. Word usage wasn't a big thing in my education, at least not that word. Ask me about "possible" "Probable" and "remotely possible" though.