Monday May 2, 2016. A destination bike ride to the old Pigeon River bridge. It was not warm, but finally there was a little bit of sun.
May 5, Thursday -- Cinco de Mayo. JB had a meeting in Saugatuck, which I took advantage of by driving him to the meeting, then doing some shopping in this quaint little village.
Eventually I ended up sitting on a park bench along the waterfront in Douglas, sipping a latte while watching a gaggle of geese and some goslings.
May 6, Friday. I took another bike ride up Lakeshore, this time my turn around spot was the power plant.
For the sake of symmetry on my blog, I took a photo of the "new" bridge over the Pigeon River.
Spring is still struggling to take hold here, but it's pretty clear that winter is over. Tulip Time begins tonight with a fireworks display over the inland lake, and with Tulip Time, Mothers Day and Hope College graduation all happening this weekend, Holland will be a busy place. OSLO and I have decided to eat in on Sunday, to avoid the crowds. We're thinking a nice brisket.
3 comments:
Avoiding the crowds on Sunday is also our plan. The grandmothers are coming to Norah and bringing brunch. It may be bloggable.
Another round of nice photos of places more familiarily seen under the disguise of full summer. Good stuff.
Is Douglas across that human powered person ferry from Saugatuck?
Yes, Douglas is across the Kalamazoo River from Saugatuck. I'd forgotten that you'd seen that chain ferry. I was up river from there a ways in the park bench photo.
Post a Comment