I put my bike in the back of my car and parked at Dutton Park, on the north side of Lake Mac, about a mile from the Farmers' Market. It was one of the longest miles I've ridden in a long time, directly into a fierce headwind.
The Farmers' Market starts up for the season the first Wednesday after Tulip Time, and it was pretty sparsely attended. I bought some asparagus and some rhubarb, put it in my back pack, and headed back the way I'd come.
The Black River is running pretty high this year... the walkway/bike path under the bridge is under water for the second year in a row.
There's a repair project going on at the pretend wind mill near the bridge.
Not all of my ideas are good ideas, obviously. This one was pretty terrible. The wind didn't calm down all through Thursday, but our Grandchildren arrived mid afternoon and stayed through dinner and a walk around the neighborhood later -- they are always a day brightener. The cold front swept through last night and replaced the near 90 degree heat of Wednesday and Thursday with highs in the 50's and lighter winds. And rain. At least the asparagus was pretty good.
2 comments:
Very high water at the bridge. I assume that high level is present at all waterfront areas in the immediate area. Which probably means less beach this year than last?
John says water levels on the big lake are a little bit lower than last year, but it continues to rain all over the drainage basin. I haven't been to the beach lately, narrow beaches and big waves scare me. And the water is still in the low 40's.
Post a Comment