It was a long haul across the pond, leaving her flat at 5:30 this morning London time -- about 12:30 am here. She arrived at GRR about 5:00 this evening, having successfully navigated Heathrow and
Detroit, passport control and customs, luggage and security, and all the rest. She used our old family retainer -- the same taxi driver that we used for our trips back and forth to the Nell Gwynn apartments when we were in London. (He said to say hello to her Mom and Dad for him -- we're pretty sure he meant Mr. and Mrs. Smith.)
OSLO is quite happy to have her little family all in one country again. The girl's grandfather arranged for there to be pizza on the kitchen counter when she arrived. We took a walk after supper and she saw a Michigan sunset before her energy levels began to run low. It's good to have her home, and it's so good to hear her tell her stories of the great times she had in Jolly Old England.

5 comments:
Welcome home, Nikki!
Welcome home. Nothing will ever again be as it was.
Oh, I love this post. I can't wait for Nikki to tell me all about her time in the UK when we come in September. It seems like this was a wonderful experience for her and I am sure she learned much more than graphic design. Like how to take care of herself and how to navigate a place nothing like home!
Also, Santini, I learned that you have been posting often and I have missed them. I am now going backwards in time to see what I missed. I did not check my computer during the 5-day eclipse road trip.
It's good to have you back, BDE.
Thank you. I will try harder to be the loyal commentator I used to be.
Post a Comment