I read something that rang true to me recently. "There's a line between accepting the inevitable and giving up too soon. Finding the right balance isn't easy." My weeping beech tree has it down to a science, it definitely is not a quitter.
It's always one of the last trees in our yard to give up its leaves in the fall. I walked outside this morning into a leaf shower (and snow shower.) The timing is pretty consistent, it's always sometime around Thanksgiving. Winter is knocking at the door, it is time to accept the inevitable and give up its leaves.
2 comments:
Your brother always admired the trees that held on tightly to their leaves. He scoffed at the "quitters", which amused me. I smile thinking about those precious memories. Thank you for reminding me.
NCW... So many connections to Jim with November blogging. Of course, that’s why I do it. I am pleased to have triggered a happy memory of him for you.
Post a Comment