The orange trees at NCW's rental house are real, but bitterly sour. Sadly. I rode my bike over to her house Monday morning for coffee and she and I eventually ended up cooking dinner for the three of us here. (Tilapia with lemon dill sauce.)
She and I took a walk around her neighborhood after last night's supper -- it's a quiet neighborhood with lots of trees. It's a great place to walk. Today we walked around Kiwanis Park and she fixed pork tenderloin for the three of us before we headed back to her place for a walk around her neighborhood. A pattern seems to be emerging here. Two of her grandchildren will be visiting her for the weekend, so the activity level will pick up by then, I am sure. We also stopped by BAM (Books-A-Million) for some reading material. I am reading (possibly re-reading) The Fools Run -- one of Sandford's Kidd novels. It's a pretty good read, and I don't remember having read it before. One of the few benefits of aging, perhaps. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:
Post a Comment