Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Bowerman's

8 days without a bike ride in May is unusual, but a cold May isn't.  This isn't going to be much of a biking year, pretty much no matter what, so I've been walking a bit and am still distracting myself with constructing face masks for friends and family.  The Grands took a couple of them to their other grandmother this past weekend, for example.  Today it was both warm and dry -- so I filled my water bottle and took a bike ride.  Still riding for around an hour but today I ventured a little further inland and made my first stop at Bowerman's.  To be fair, today was the first day the store was open for business -- though donuts have been available through pre-order and drive up before this.  However that requires way more planning ahead than I am capable of at this point.


There are no benches outside and the playground area is taped off.  Face masks are required inside.  They were out of fresh donuts, so I bought a muffin --  the woman who came in as I was leaving bought a half dozen frozen blueberry donuts, and opened the package on her way to her car.  She handed one to the child in the back seat, then stuck one in her mouth before getting in her car.  They were still eating donuts when I left the parking lot.  I don't think I've ever eaten a frozen donut.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Good story. She must have been desperate for a blueberry muffin. Your bike is so pretty. Nice picture.

Anonymous said...

LIKE A DOUGHNUT CONE? P

Gino said...

Mmmmm, frozen.

Retired Professor said...

P -- I don't know what a doughnut cone is -- I think I may have been missing something. I've had donuts in Sundae's, but they weren't frozen.

Gino -- I know, right?

OSLO said...

I agree. Nice picture, pretty bike and a blueberry donut or muffin, always a plus. Wish today could be as nice, even though the grass will definitely be greener.

Oslo