Sunday, November 29, 2020

Beach

 The gale force winds of November have eaten away at what remains of our foredune, even with lower water levels on the big lake.  I walked down the stairs to the beach this morning to get a better view.




 

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I read this yesterday and was at a loss for words on how to respond. The lake is still beautiful and I remember the "wee wall" from years ago, but I am not sure how far the bottom of your steps are from the water. Are you worried?

Retired Professor said...

Barbara -- I am not too worried though maybe I should be. I'll try to get another picture posted here that shows how far it is from the stairs to the edge of the "shelf" that drops off to the beach/water. Water levels have dropped some but we're still seeing erosion, though more slowly than before.

BDE said...

Glad you are not worried and the new pictures are perfect for satisfying my curiosity. I will comment on them next.