Saturday, April 26, 2025

A Graduation Event

 I haven’t posted here for a while, my heart just hadn’t been in it.  Reasons.  Today my favorite granddaughter suggested that I should put today’s Major Life Event for her brother on my blog.  After all, she noted, I had recorded a similar event for her on my blog.   A bloggable event is a bloggable event.  (Hers occurred on April 29, 2018 if you want to check.)

Today my favorite grandson received his MBA from Grand Valley State University, the same place I got mine many, many years ago.  1985 or so??  He got his undergraduate degree during the Covid shutdown, so there was no official ceremony, though we did have a party.  (In my garage, outside, limited numbers.). Today was a beautiful Spring day, sunny and windy, a bit cool.  Flowering pear trees lined the streets near the Van Andel Arena where the commencement activities took place after a coffee gathering at the Seidman School of Business, a block and a bridge away from the graduation site.  Photos…






We had a celebratory lunch at a local pizza place afterwards.  A bloggable event, indeed.

3 comments:

Emily M said...

Congratulations, TJ! We're all very proud of your achievement.

Gino said...

Congrats to the grad and the whole family. Looks like a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures. Thank you for sharing mom. What a great day. He did it. Yay!!!!!