Yesterday's ride was a mostly inland ride, searching for warmer breezes. I found some about 3.5 miles from the lake. The golf course community that is going in there is still mostly vacant lots, though the course was in use yesterday. I find the golf cart bridge over the road to be an interesting visual. I explored a park that I had never been in near here, including a ride down a gravel road marked 'authorized vehicles only.' That sign, on public property, always brings out the civil disobedience in me. All I found were two baseball fields and another entrance to the park. Satisfying, though.

Today's ride was early, since I'm on granny duty for the weekend beginning about 11 am today. Short, but nice. Mostly checking on Lake Mac cottages. Still too windy -- SW at 18, according to my bike log.

I tried out the zoom on my camera, and got this shot from the general vicinity of a living room window. As you can see, plenty of beach. And warm enough for beach walking. No sail boat races on this lake today, but I watched a little of the LVC this morning. It looks like I'll still be interested when it gets to the finals, with NZ holding a comfortable lead in the semis. It's almost like they have something to prove..... (Corn's up here, too.)
3 comments:
What's up with the template? It keeps changing.
I BOUGHT gas today. $3.37.9. This exceeded my previous record by, oh, 38 or more cents. Are you still keeping track of oil futures?
Nice front window picture. It looks very pleasant. In need of a concierge/caretaker?
I don't recognize the area of the beach shot. Must be someone else's living room.
The beach view makes my feet itch for a death march.
What a lovely blog - Holland (I presume?) never looked so pretty ;-).
I also admire your biking stamina; I am only able to ride occasionally...
In the summertime, I split my time between Naples and Grand Rapids -
http://inheritthe.blogspot.com/
Happy Sunday with the grandkids!
Post a Comment