Friday, January 18, 2008

Stadium

As you may have heard, I am the great flatlands rider -- no, really -- I am. Here is where I rode today. It doesn't get much flatter than this. (I took this picture on a brighter day. Today is overcast with only a few glimpses of the sun.) I rode out to the baseball stadium on SR 776. Hope's baseball team usually spends their spring break in Pt. Charlotte, but they will not be here this year. Lynne wondered why. This explains it, I think. It is not currently in playable condition.
And this explains why. I have a question, though. Who are the Tampa Bay Rays?
The last mile or so of the ride out, along SR 776, was a bit gritty and unpleasant. The rest of the ride went pretty well. It started to mist on my way back to the house, but stopped before it got to full on drizzle. It was kind of a long bike ride for me this early in the year, but since I didn't ride yesterday, I'm not too knackered.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Tampa Bay Rays used to be the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. They are a major league team based in St Petersburg and have been in the American League since their inception in 1998.

It sounds like you had a nice flat ride. It looks like summer. TT

Anonymous said...

Ah, so they aren't somebody's farm team, then. Are they any good, is the question. PC hasn't had a major league team since the Texas Rangers were here a number of years ago. SS

Anonymous said...

Nope, they aren't much good. They finished 66-96 with fewest wins in the American league. They have a web site:
Ray's link
TT

Anonymous said...

The Tampa Bay Rays have been around for a while but they used to be know as the "Devil Rays" - changed their name last year. The stadium was in St. Pete. I guess they are building a new one.

LH