I took the 'A' ride this morning, first stopping to check on the progress of the new park on Edgewater. There has been a lot of vegetation cut down, and the shape of it is beginning to form up. Not very pretty, yet.

The 'A' ride takes me past Spring Lake Park, which has been upgraded quite a bit over the past year or two. This is near the spot where I took the picture of the Alligator Habitat sign. There are also some new fishing piers and walkways along the edges of the lake, shown here. This is what I hope the new Sunrise Park will eventually look like.

Today's title came from NEF, who described the current condition of Lake Michigan as looking like a desert made of ice, with frozen water as far as the eye can see. It is an amazing sight, and an excellent description -- We'll be heading home long before it melts, I am happy/sad to say.
2 comments:
Sunrise Park has a ways to go, but it is showing some promise.
Your weather still is better than ours. But we are above the freezing point for maybe the first time this month. Hooray. TT
Nikki was honored to have her description used on your blog. I found the description also very accurate and well put. Still loving the pictures, and finding a brief but nice escape from Michigan reality. I am sure the Minnesota relatives will agree. The matriarc of the friedgen clan is feeling a bit jealous of cousin Emily who was able to go to Miami. Next time, take your older cousin.
NEBF
Post a Comment