Friday, December 4, 2009

Deck

It seems that a tipping point was reached here yesterday. Wednesday my deck looked like this -- this is not my usual deck furniture, by the way. (See previous post.) Yesterday was the transition day -- drizzle, falling temperatures, and eventually snow. Unlike this lake , Pine Creek Bay has not yet started to freeze over.
The heaviest snow band was just a little bit north of us last night. Holland got about 2 1/2 inches, but Allendale got 9 1/2. Allendale is about 15 or 20 miles from here, between Grand Haven and Grand Rapids. The Grand Haven Area Public Schools are closed today. Their first snow day of the year. More 'lake effect' is forecast for today. I believe that bicycling season is over here, too.

2 comments:

Tennis Tousan said...

That looks wintry. The white season has begun in Michigan, apparently. Florida begins to look more and more inviting. TT

Emily M said...

We're getting more of that lovey white stuff today. Not quite as much as you but enough that I'm glad I don't drive to work anymore.