I had a really nice bike ride today. There were a few small issues. I nearly got hit by a car. I rode over broken glass. And I got chased by a dog. (I made it all the way to the Myakka River, photo below, without incident. It was the trip back that got dicey here and there.)

But the good news is that I was being vigilant and saw that the a** wasn't looking in my direction as he made his turn into my lane, and I reacted quickly enough to get out of his way. None of the glass stuck to my tires, and I outrode the dog. (It was near the end of the ride, my legs were tired, and the dog was persistent. So I am proud of that one.)

In truth none of these are rare situations for a bike ride, and I got to ride my bike outside in 68 to 72 degree weather on a sunny day with light winds. (That's a brush fire, and the smoke isn't being blown away, it's going straight up, a sure sign of light winds.)

My favorite places to ride are currently covered in snow, so these will have to do for now. Good enough.
1 comment:
OMG. I love those dry roads and all that green. All I have is wet roads and all white. Check out my blog. I too made it out, but with not as nearly nice conditions as your pictures show. Sorry about the issues, but hats off to you for outrunning the dog.
OSLO
Post a Comment