As reported
elsewhere on the internet, today is blogger theme day, and the theme is fountains. I have custody of our most ancient laptop while we are here, and I found this photo in the archives. It was taken in 2007 of OSLO and the COTU in front of the Ponce de Leon fountain in Punta Gorda along the Peace River. Time flies.

Today's exercise was what my brother, Mr. MooHoo, has referred to as JWA. Just Walking Around.

The walking around was done on Gasparilla Island, out on Cape Haze, which is at the mouth of the Peace River, on the Gulf of Mexico. Above is GZ standing next to a bench near the lighthouse at the south end of the island. Benches are a sub theme of at least a couple of blogs that I am familiar with, and I am always happy to find a new one in a picturesque setting.

It was a beautiful day at the beach and in Boca Grande, the only town on Gasparilla. Every time I go to that island I wonder why I don't go more often. It's not much more than a half hour from here. Walking around in the warmth and the sunshine, it was hard for me to believe that there's a massive snowstorm moving into Michigan.
2 comments:
Thanks for the great photos. Nice talking to you earlier.
I am sooooo jealous. The storm is just now kicking in. Just let Razz in the house from being outside. He is completely covered head, back and feet. He actually looks white. I WANT THE SUN AND WARMTH BACK. Nikki and TJ look so young. The time does fly.
OSLO
Post a Comment