Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Overdoing It

The problem with feeling better is that it is tempting to push a little harder than is really wise. And so I did. *Sigh* -- as GZ would say.  The weather was very un-October-like, the sun was out and the wind was calm.  One of the nicest biking days of the entire year.
The photo above was taken along Idlewild Road on the way to the PSPS, where I stopped in for a Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper. It is close to the big lake, and thus barely 60 degrees, with most of the leaves still green. The one below was taken just a few miles further on, along a road where I seldom ride, near the Centennial farms where I rode on Monday. This road doesn't really go anywhere interesting, but it was worth riding today. Nice job, trees.  By then it was quite a bit warmer -- mid to upper 70's, I'd guess. (I had no cattle barn displays to go by.)
My own personal indicator that I've overdone it is a nagging pain between my shoulder blades. I was about a mile from home when it showed up today, so I didn't overdo it by all that much. My own opinion is that today was one of those days where everyone who is able to overdo it should get out there and overdo it.

No comments: