It was a busy morning today. We gave away the two twin beds and related bedroom furniture from the bay house to some friends, and as a way of repaying the favor, they used their truck to swap the good queen size mattress set from the bay with the saggy queen size set that was at the beach. While I tried to help with that, my better half was meeting with a contractor about some fairly minor (I hope) repair work that needs to be done at the bay house. (The house officially goes on the market on Monday. Wish us luck.) So it was later than normal when I looked at the radar to see if I was clear for a ride. It showed "green" all over the area -- oddly, since it wasn't raining. Nor did it rain during the (fairly long) time that I was out riding. Useful.
I headed north, and ran into a few sprinkles now and then, but only a few. This box is nearly exactly 10 miles from my garage. I assume it's a birdhouse of some sort? It's right along side the bike trail -- an odd place for a bird house. And the number on the side of it seems strange. It's on land owned by the power company but maintained by the county and township. Something to ponder.
I continued on north for a couple more miles, across the railroad spur that feeds the power plant. This is my new favorite place to bike. There are a few turkey farms up there, and the occasional eccentric religious sect, but it's mostly woods. If it looks a little desolate, that's because it is. I was gone for more than 2 hours on my little trek, most of it spent doing what my doctor would almost certainly call exercise. When I (recently) saw her, she gave me a sheet of paper with written recommendations on it. Here's what it said. 1. Work at losing 5 pounds. 2. Exercise for 30 minutes most days. 3. Increase dietary potassium and calcium. Here's my take. Really?????? 30 minutes? I guess I'd better cut back.
3 comments:
That looks like a birdhouse, but the number and location seem to indicate something less obvious. There is no outside perch for a bird to stand on. Can it have something to do with bees?
Nice job outdoing your doc's exercise expectations. She apparently doesn't know who she's dealing with.
Bees -- interesting idea, though I haven't seen any sign of them. There are two of these things about 20 feet apart, sequentially numbered. Somebody is tracking something.
Loved your Doc comment.
LOL. Don't cut back!
Post a Comment