So, bench photos. Here are a couple of new-ish ones from my archives. The first was taken at Kouw Park (pronounced 'cow') on a bike ride early this week. The park, at the corner of Lakeshore and New Holland, has been redone this year, including a few new benches. The path to the beach is still the same, though -- up and over the sand dune, carefully skirting the poison ivy. No bicycles allowed.
This hanging bench (I suppose you could call it a swing, but then what is a swing but a hanging bench?) is here in the neighborhood. The woman who owns the house lost a lot of evergreens this year to a tree disease, and tried this approach to fill in some of the empty spaces.
Our weather has taken quite a turn towards what feels like fall. After a nearly rain free summer, it's been raining off and on for two days now. Temperatures have fallen from mid 80's to low 60's, and it looks like it is an actual shift in our weather pattern. Temperatures are supposed to rebound over the weekend, but the weather creatures are warning about some cooler air and more rain returning next week. Anyone thinking of visiting Michigan anytime soon should bring at least a little bit of cool weather gear, just in case they're right. I took a walk after lunch today, and was reminded that I need a new rain coat, as the old one leaks. I'm always a little grumpy when I can't bike, but I'm within 250 miles of my annual goal, and it's still August. Too soon to panic. I'll just have to walk and do water aerobics until it dries up. Now I need to go and make a blueberry cake.
5 comments:
I like the concept of a hanging bench. I'm also in favor of stretching the envelope whenever the opportunity arises.
I have more benches, too.
I like the concept of blueberry cake, but fear it may not fit within the margins of my current diet. But you should enjoy the treat. Good eating.
BDE enjoys a piece of blueberry cake now and then.
Glad you like the hanging bench concept. It does stretch the definition of bench a bit.
I have been watching an expanded area on the weather radar from what I usually pay attention to. I noticed the big swirl of green over western Michigan today but also noticed that there is a big blob of dry (but unmistakeably cool) air coming from the northwest.
It was pleasant here today as long as one wasn't biking. It was a trifle cool at bicycle speed.
The western sky looked like it might be clearing a bit at sunset tonight. We needed the rain, but it was a drastic change. I'm ready for the green blob to move on.
Blueberry cake (home made with ice cream). . . yum.
Post a Comment