Time flies by. A cold virus has reared its ugly head here, slowing down a couple of us, me included. Still, we've managed to extract some fun out of every day, I think.
No complaints about the weather, though. It's been perfect biking weather, and the sun manages to set in the west nearly every evening.
I know it's west, because GZ and I recalibrated the compass on The Beast yesterday. It involved finding and pressing the right button on the back of the mirror, then driving around in small circles. Really.
I went with Mr. and Mrs. Smith for one last group ride this afternoon, before they wheeled off to return her rental bike. The COTU were here for a couple of days this week as well, providing a level of energy to the group that I was seriously lacking. I got to talk to Opal last night, which was cool. Cell phones still don't work up here, the lake water isn't as cold as it was a week ago, some outdoor showering has occurred, death marches still take place, stairs are meticulously counted, and we've eaten a variety of interesting food, some of which was really quite good. It's not over til it's over, but it is in the process of winding down.
3 comments:
Great photos (the Smiths on the deck watching the sunset pictured in the subsequent photo is an excellent touch) and great recap of our visit. Thanks for being an exemplary hostess, even while under the weather. (That's an odd expression, isn't it?) 1788 steps run up so far, by the way. I am setting a goal for tomorrow that may result in an interesting total number as I know you like that kind of thing.
It sounds like a good time was had by all. But, sadly, all good things come to an end.
Nice sunset photo.
I'm sorry that you were under the weather. I hope you're all better today.
Jimi -- Still in the throes, but with a light at the end of the tunnel, I think.
It was quieter than some years, but it seemed to go pretty well from our perspective. Family time is always good. Always.
Post a Comment