Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Upper 60's, light and variable winds

The title is a recognition that most of my bike related posts have one thing in common -- a weather report.  Today I rode at my "normal" time, but found myself with tired legs.  Still, I had nowhere to go and all day to get there, so I did a version of JRA.  Just riding around.  I noticed that Bowerman's is selling honey crisp apples and pumpkins this month.  I don't remember them being open this late in previous years.
This time of year most of my rides include at least a little bit of the beech woods.  There aren't a lot of leaves down yet, but the process has started.  By the end of October it can be hard to find pavement back in there, the leaves get so deep.
It would have been a good day to check out progress of sand removal at the State Park, but it didn't occur  me until after I got home.   Maybe later this week.  By the time I was done I had put in roughly an hour and a half of wheel turning time on a nearly perfect fall day.

2 comments:

Mrs Miller said...

Sounds lovely. Today I plan on finally riding. The sky is blue (so far) and high predicted in mid-70s. Nice for GZ's birthday ride if the light rain also predicted holds off.

Santini said...

Mrs. M... I hope you had a good ride and the rain held off.