Saturday, November 28, 2015

Lemonade

The Grands climbed into the attic today and pulled out some things I haven't seen for a few years. We've decided to do a little bit of decorating this year for the Yule season.  I even ordered an outdoor Christmas arrangement from our landscaping person.


Christmas in Florida has always been pretty quiet, and I've never done much/any  decorating there.  We will not be there this year, and here I have been accumulating this kind of thing for 50 years or so.  The Advent Calendar is pretty old -- 30ish years, though the Nutcrackers are of a more recent vintage.  The attic is full of stuff that brought smiles of recognition to my Grandchildrens' faces.  We think we're going to have some fun with this.

5 comments:

NCW said...

Looks like fun to me! Sherrie was always scared of nutcracker people when she was little, I'm not going to show her this photo.

It's great to have the Grands' help decorating for the holidays.

BDE said...

I think you are going to have some fun with this, too! More time for you to hang out with the COTU and to relax and enjoy Christmas with a spectacular view.

Emily M said...

That advent calendar is great! We'll have to get one for next Christmas for sure... I bet I could find something similarly reusable online somewhere. Have fun with the decorating!

BDE said...

PS I forgot to say that I appreciate the title of this post.

Santini said...

BDE -- I thought you'd catch that one. You're an excellent commenter.