Read his shirt (second photo). Papa, The Man, The Myth, The Legend. Carl really, really likes that shirt. Pearl gave it to him for Father's Day, if I got the story straight. (50/50 chance, approximately). When I asked Carl if he had anything specific on his wish list to do during their visit here, he promptly replied "Tunnel Park." It's a spot with a lot of associations and a lot of memories for him -- and it was a spot that he walked to when he was here last year, so it's sort of a tradition.
I posted a few photos on my Facebook page this morning -- including a novel "light at the end of the tunnel" photo, that I'm not sure if I like, but it was different enough to be interesting. There was a wedding set up in process while we were there, adding a little extra flair to our visit.
It's still humid here, with a cool down predicted for the weekend. I found the air a little too thick for my taste, but the two young 'uns seemed to do fine. Blueberries were consumed along with lunch, fresh from the bushes 3.4 miles down the road from here. Blue Crop today, though I have a new variety to try out tomorrow.
Supper, also pretty traditional, was feta fish, stir fried vegies, rice and sliced peaches with blueberries. It is early peach season here, and we have three varieties on hand -- Flaming Fury, White Flesh and Red Haven. Red Haven are to peaches as Blue Crop are to blueberries, or so I have been told.
Late Edit:
We took a walk after supper, and I asked Carl if there was anything else on his to-do list for today. He immediately answered, "ice cream." And so it went.
He treated Pearl and I to ice cream -- small Tommy's for us, and a strawberry banana malt for him. He said it was the best one ever, and it is possible that we will return to the Captain's before they return to the big city on the river.



1 comment:
Sounds like a perfect day--especially for Carl! Lovely photos.
Post a Comment