Yesterday was a really nasty day where I usually live. LH sent me a couple of photos to remind me of why JB and I are in Florida instead of Michigan at this moment.
She also provided a real time report of a 40 car pile up on Highway 31 near Muskegon. Road salt doesn't work in single digit temperatures, and my grandchildren were going to be on the roads yesterday. Having them visit us here this week sounded like a good idea back in October, when the reality of winter travel seemed remote. Fortunately, Oslo and her significant other delivered them safely to the airport in mid afternoon, and we tracked their travel from GRR to PGD throughout the early evening.
PGD is a local, sort of funky, airport near Punta Gorda, with direct flights from Grand Rapids via Allegiant Airlines. When I got to the airport the arrivals board listed their flight as tardy. I doubt the FAA would approve of the term, but it made me laugh. (Allegiant seems to specialize in regional airport travel. They also have a direct flight from St. Cloud, MN to Punta Gorda.)
Their mother, who had also been tracking their progress on line, requested photographic evidence that they had arrived in Florida. I texted her the two photos above -- post travel refueling. They settled in quickly.
The girl brought a couple of books with her to read while she's here -- this is book one of the Wicked series.
The boy, relaxing on the porch/lanai.





1 comment:
Love it. Roads were actually fine in GR. However, still horendous in grand haven. So glad they are there. They deserve it. I know you will all have fun.
Oslo
Post a Comment