Even though I was here in October, there were still some glitches to deal with when we got here. Case one, no electricity in the house when we got here. Case two, no cable TV when we got here. Both were fixable and we now have both electricity and cable TV. It will be Wednesday at the earliest before we have the internet speed that we're paying for, but we do have internet. Thus this morning when I called the bike shop where I had shipped my bike, I was not surprised that they had not yet gotten around to putting it together. (At least it was there.) So I pumped the tires on my old, heavy bike and took a ride over to Ollie's Pond during JB's nap. Ollie's Pond is different every year, of course.
Going to Ollie's Pond always reminds me of my first trip there, nearly 8 years ago, when my brother Jim and I discovered it for the first time, and walked around it twice. March 3, 2010. It became one of his favorite places here, and over the years we took a lot of walks around the Pond. Always with cameras in hand, naturally.
Around 4 this afternoon I got a phone call from the bike shop here -- my bicycle was ready to be picked up.
I rode it around the parking lot at the bike shop, and around the block once I got it home. It seems to have survived the whole cross country shipping experience without any damage. I also spent some time this afternoon looking at the College Girl's website. I guess I'd have to say it was a productive day. We both seem to have recovered somewhat from the rigors of travel, JB by napping and me -- well, taking a bike ride is a good sign. More later.
6 comments:
Very cool that your bike made the trip and you got bike riding in. I like the pictures. Glad you are both recovering from the trip. Enjoy the sun and warm.
Oslo
Was that the bike shop that GZ and I rented bikes at and had kind of a negative experience?
Glad you got your real bike assembled properly but before that took a ride anyway on an inferior ride. You are a true bicyclist!
BDE -- Yes, the same shop. "Kind of a negative experience" is an understatement. They are the only big bike shop in town, and I have had enough stuff done there that my name was in their computer system, so they'd agree to have my bike shipped to them, and put it together. I didn't expect great service, but it all worked out. My bike seems to be in good shape. I'll blog more about it, I'm sure, after I get in more rides on it.
The College Girl has a website?
Excellent bicycle content, as always.
🙂Yes, NikkiFriedgen.com is her portfolio website, part of her Capstone course.
Cool!
Post a Comment