Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Names

Another local business, with a totally jammin' name. And a recipe for Lillie's Cake, because my grandson needs it for a school project, and his Mom can't find the recipe. Maybe I never gave it to her.

Lillie's Cake

Cream 1/2 cup butter(that just means to mix it up with a mixer until it gets soft(from SB))
Add 2 cups sugar
Add 2 eggs, beat in well
Add 1/2 cup sour milk (use buttermilk, or put about 1 Tablespoon of vinegar in a half cup measuring cup, and fill it with milk, which gives you sour milk. (from SB)
Add 2 cups flour (measured before sifting)
Mix to paste:
2 heaping tablespoons cocoa (really, really heaping (from SB))
1/2 cup hot water (it needs to be pretty hot (from SB)) -- add to batter, then
Add 1/2 cup hot water (making 1 cup in all) to which 1 teaspoon soda is added.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla

Batter is thin, but that is as it should be.

Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes in a greased rectangular cake pan -- regular big size.

I use the frosting recipe (margarine, cocoa, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk) on the back of the Hershey's cocoa box. Also, everywhere where cocoa is called for, I use half regular cocoa and half dark/sweet cocoa. It's good either way.

1 comment:

OSLO said...

TJ says you are totally right, he is totally jammin. Him and I love the post. I will be printing out the recipe from your e-mail tommarrow. Thank you soooo much. I am sure Mr. Weigal will be very impressed. We will be very happy to get the rest of the cake. Mr. Weigal only gets one piece, the rest is ours!!!!!

OSLO and SLO