Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sunset Stroll

After one final supper at Olympia, TT and I walked over to Sunrise Park to view the setting sun from a different angle than off my dock. We wandered over towards the tennis courts and watched a young couple hit some balls around. Behind the courts is this tree which I think has an interesting shape to it -- perhaps from the prevailing sea breezes. It looks a little like Puff the Magic Dragon to me.
The sunset was a little early, setting behind some trees across the channel. The red sun was a product of a fair amount of smoke in the sky from recent brush fires.

There was enough chill in the air that we needed sweatshirts, but not long pants. You know, Florida weather. (I'm getting nostalgic because we're leaving fairly soon.)

TT said I needed to document the rules for the canoe and kayak launching area. The park makes a very nice addition to the neighborhood. I wish it had been here when Opal was here -- she would have really enjoyed it, I think.

3 comments:

OSLO said...

Very impressive and pretty pictures. I can not believe Uncle Jim is not finding some excuse to stay. I would. Enjoy more of your sun time. Talk to you later.



OSLO

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures and good memories of Florida. I'm back in winter. TT

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sunset pictures. And I agree that Opal would appreciate a park in the neighborhood.
BB