Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bridge

Oslo called a while ago to talk about the dress that the girl COTU will be wearing to the Homecoming Dance this weekend.... I'll pause while we all weep, and wonder how she grew up so fast, and where did all the time go... and when I said I had just returned from a bike ride, she said, "But Mom, it's cold out there!" She was wrong, but I can see how she might have thought that. After the unusually warm September weather that turned ugly for a few days there, autumn has finally shown up here, in all its glory. It was a beautiful day for a bike ride. 53 degrees when I left, the sun came out during my ride, and the wind was from the NNE/NNW at about 10-15 mph. Perfect for a ride to Hemlock Crossing. There is something about bridges that I find interesting, and the one over the Pigeon River just past the entrance to Hemlock Crossing Park is one of my favorites around here.
The Nature Center inside the park is coming along nicely, but it is obviously not finished yet. It has an interesting exterior, which was about all I could tell from my limited access to it today.

My photos of the other bridge in the park did not come out, but I liked this photo of the Pigeon River, looking downstream from the bridge. The color change is late this year -- the greens have faded, but there are just hints of fall color. Usually the leaves are mostly gone by Halloween. This cold snap should hurry things along -- there are frost warnings tonight here, too. It was a great day for a bike ride.

5 comments:

Emily M said...

A dress for the homecoming dance? Geez... She really is a high school student, isn't she?

I also really like bridges, and I agree that it is COLD out there. I just don't yet have appropriate gear.

Anonymous said...

Emily, I have a pair of long pants for you (not Armor All) and an extra vest.
Santini, beautiful photos of the bridge and the view from a bridge!
BB

Santini said...

BB -- Good one. Cruel, but still a good one.

Jimi said...

PP and I would like to see a photo of this Homecoming attire. It would be nice, also, if it were being modeled by an appropriate model.

Don't they grow up fast??????

TT

Santini said...

TT -- Photos will be taken. OSLO has been instructed to take some, and they are likely to show up either on her blog or mine this weekend.

It doesn't seem possible that she is old enough to go high school, much less a Homecoming Dance, and with a boy, yet!!!! (They are just friends, there is a whole group of them going, and parents are driving both directions. Still.....)

I'll tell Nikki that you and PP have requested photos. She'll like that.