Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mornings

The current full moon is called the corn moon, I'm told. It's probably better known as the harvest moon, but a little trivia is good to know. This was my view of it shortly after I got up this morning. The clouds kept me from getting a good, full shot of it. Once the moon had set and the sun had been up for a while, I pointed Ruby into the wind and rode over to Quincy Park. There's been an ongoing construction project there over the summer that has been roped off from the rest of the park. The barriers are down, finally, and I could get into the new area. This bridge is part of the new stuff, and the link to the new park section -- mostly a parking lot and two more baseball fields. It looks sturdy enough to be a real bridge, but it just crosses a small creek. Pine Creek, I think. The steel is a special type that gets rusty fast and somehow that's a good thing. There were workmen there when I was taking the picture, and I overheard parts of the conversation. It reminds me quite a bit of the bridge at Hemlock Crossing Park.
I was home by 11:00-ish, having ridden my usual 20+ miles. It was a lovely morning for a bike ride.