Saturday, June 4, 2011

June themes continue.

Emily has been quoted by her father as being the motivating force behind the last four years or so of family blogging. GZ would have to give you the exact words, but the story goes something along the lines that he was telling her about a bike ride that he took, and she said, "that's totally bloggable." (He tells the story better.)
My point is that I am not sure that walking is as bloggable as biking. However, today it's all I've got, and that will likely be the case fairly often. So.  I haven't taken enough beach walks this season, it seems.  Too cold, and of course, we're not living there at the moment, which makes it less convenient.  This afternoon it was hot and muggy in town, and cooler and muggy at the beach.  I walked about as far as Spyglass.
 To continue the June theme of construction, here's a picture of the recently installed siding on the side of the house from the viewpoint of the LaBarge's driveway.
 The garage door will be white, so disregard the blue tarp.  The siding looks quite gray in some lights, and fairly blue in others.  I like it.  I also like the railing along the 'front' of the house.  Progress.

6 comments:

Gino said...

Two things:

I am going to miss that tree.

A railing!!!! Might I say, a privacy railing?

BTW, can you tell? I just did some HTML.

Santini said...

Italics?

Jason (son of Henry) is looking into a roll down shade that will be installed under the eaves along side the shower. Fear not.

What tree?

That's three things.

Emily M said...

I agree... what tree?

It's starting to look like a "real" house. I like the siding. I feel like it's probably blue-r in real life than these photographs would suggest. Very nice.

santini said...

Thanks, Emily. Today it looked bluer, it changes with the light. You need to visit once it's done and see it for yourself!

Emily M said...

Assuming I get to attend our company dealer meetings in Cadillac in August, I was thinking of maybe stopping by your neck of the woods for a few days before flying home. Will it be finished by then, and would you be accepting visitors?

Retired Professor said...

It should be done in early July, so August is a perfect time for a visit. Health issues are still somewhat hazy, but you're a pretty low maintenance guest, and I would love to see you. As would OSLO and the COTU. I'll know more about 'what's next' fairly soon. It probably won't go on the blog, but you'll be in the loop.

Cadillac still exists?