Monday, July 2, 2012

Bambi?

I was .12 miles into my ride when I stopped to take this photo. It was a little after 7:30 this morning.

In spite of the early hour, I pretty quickly decided that it was going to be a shorter than normal ride. According to our home weather station when I got back, the dew point was 78. (Notice the guy in the picture is shirtless, unusual for that time of day.) I don't tolerate heat well, and I had started to feel queasy before I got home, so the shorter ride was a good call. Since I'm currently on track to have a good shot to make my mileage goal for the year, I believe I can afford a light mileage week. My plan is to just take Ruby for a walk now and then, in the relative cool of the morning. JB says the current heat index on our deck is 100. A break in the heat wave might occur on Sunday.

1 comment:

Gino said...

You have barely made it out of your driveway before being accosted by vermin.