There was one nice, longish ride this week, on Tuesday. I hadn't been to Kirk Park for a while, at least in part because it's tough to get there on a bicycle right now.
The bike path has been destroyed along here -- just south of the park -- and the orange barrels are in the middle of the paved shoulder, leaving nowhere to ride safely. Grrrr.
This is just the shot that proves that I did indeed make it to Kirk Park. My bike riding this month has been a lot like my blog posting -- few and far between. I think this one makes 7 posts this month -- a nice number.
Late edit: This was the view from my window about 2:30 this afternoon. Waterspouts. My photos didn't come out anywhere near this -- this one was sent to us by our realtor, Brian Veneklasen.
4 comments:
Those water spouts look pretty dangerous. Aren't they tornados over water?
Those Brady Farm blueberries look plentiful. Bumper harvest?
Yes, they're weak tornadoes -- both of these retreated into the clouds before they got to shore. Pretty dramatic to watch them, though.
The blueberries all ripened pretty fast, with the heat. The drought was hard on them, unless the farmer irrigated. Most of our local farmer do irrigate because of our sandy soil, so there seems to be plenty. I did buy the last of the Blue Crop today, in pints -- the Eliotts are all Bowerman's has in the big boxes . Fortunately, I've had plenty.
Will there be any good blueberries in mid-August?! If not, I better start eating the ones we can get here, I guess. I am back to being a loyal commenter, BTW. I had to take some time off!
BDE -- I hoarded a few of the Blue Crop -- they keep pretty well refrigerated. However, I bought a big 5# box of the dreaded Eliots from Bowerman's yesterday, and they are quite good. Bowerman's tends to leave the Eliots that they sell at their stand on the vine longer, so they get a little sweeter. Quite acceptable.
Nice to have you back. I totally get that time off thing.
Post a Comment