If the world gives you the dreaded Eliots, it may be a sign to make some blueberry muffins. So I did.
Lots of baking went on today. It threatened rain and/or rained most of the day, so it seemed like a good way to pass the time. (The summer reading festival has given way to the summer computer game/baking festival, I think.) NCW made rye rolls that we ate straight out of the oven for lunch and with chili for supper. The Prairie Princess made a flaky pie crust and filled it with peaches and blueberries. So maybe what is really going on is the summer eating festival. (Sidebar: Yesterday's unique salad was a mix of carrots, cucumbers and plums. The carrots were shaved, the cukes were sliced lengthwise but very thin. Tasty.)
1 comment:
I am definitely enjoying the baking festival that seems to be going on. Have been lucky to get in more time to visit than I had expected. Looking forward to having two of my favorite cousins in my neck of the woods tomm. Yay!!!!
OSLO
Post a Comment