Our grandson will turn 16 on Tuesday -- it seems impossible to me, but it is true. Tonight the family went to Wild Chef (a Japanese restaurant) for a(n) hibachi dinner to celebrate. 6 to 10 inches of snow is forecast for tonight through tomorrow, so we moved it up to today. I took my camera, but took no photos. Bad grandmothering. Here are a couple of photos from last weekend when he and his sister were here.
They headed home after supper to wait out the storm, so there's no Dr. Who Marathon on tap this weekend. Sherlock is on the telly tonight though, and we're sending a few texts back and forth.
The pedometer on my phone says I walked 3.8 miles today, nearly all of it while wearing the new yaktrax purchased yesterday. I like their light weight, and they do seem to make it easier to stay upright on slippery surfaces. The sensation of walking on steel coils is a little weird though. Here's a photo of Lake Michigan, from earlier today. At that point, it looked like we might get a break in the gloom.
It was not to be.



5 comments:
6-10 inches sounds pretty rude, particularly on top of all that ice. Hunker down.
LOL. I shall. Thanks.
I like this new perspective on your lake view (it's not one we see often in person but it makes me feel as if I am there).
Please tell our beloved TJ happy birthday.
T.J is going to be 16? I guess that means he'll be driving soon. Happy birthday wishes to him from here.
TJ is a sophomore, so there's no rush on the driving. I believe that the plan is for him to take driver's training in the spring. I'll pass on the best wishes to him, and thanks guys. (I'll probably mention it again on Tuesday, because I'm his grandmother, and I have a blog.)
Post a Comment