It was too windy today to ride a bicycle, by any reasonable standard. I didn't get much exercise yesterday, as I felt a bit under the weather, so I hated to give up on a ride. Instead I chose a short ride down to the state park and back. The lighthouse is always a good subject for photos. Here are my best ones from today:
One of the things that TT always wanted to do here was visit the lighthouse. It's only recently been open to visitors on any regular basis, so he never did get there. But then, neither did I. Based on the people milling around it, today was one of those days when visiting Big Red was possible.
The flag and the waves give an indication of the wind out there today. My guess is that the boaters had given up. That's just not a big enough boat for those conditions.
This flag is the red flag that tells swimmers that it is unsafe to swim at the State Park. It seems that it also means that it is prime wind surfing conditions. My bike log says 24 mph winds, but the gusts were certainly higher. It was a short ride, but I'm glad I didn't wimp out. As my brother used to say, "Never give up. Never, ever give up."
6 comments:
More card worthy photos of Big Red, good job! Hope you're feeling better.
Nice illustration of the power boat giving up. I see a sail behind the surfers though. Is that wind surfing or kite surfing?
NCW -- That's high praise, Thanks. I am mostly well again.
Gino -- I am not sure, it looks like it could be a straight up sail boat, but wind surfing seems like a good bet.
I too have always wanted to visit Bug Red. Perhaps we can fit it in.
I am quite sure Emily M meant Big Red and I also would like to visit it. Today I prepared the earth for planting some of the potted plants from Lynn et al. The African Violet is doing well, tended by Gino. Glad you went for a ride.
Locals can visit the lighthouse on Tuesday and Thursday from 11 am until dusk, but I believe that out of state visitors can visit any day. It would be worth a trip to the south side to find out.
Post a Comment