Monday, March 21, 2016

Looking at Things

There was a thought -- it may have been misplaced -- having to do with looking through the lens differently.  This is how it worked out --


Tunnel Park on Saturday morning.  It looks like another light at the end of the tunnel photo, because it is.  It wasn't that scene that caught my eye, even though it is why I walked over there.


It was this van that did -- the whole idea of Professional Beer Consultants amuses me.  And it's Trademarked!


Sunday was our inaugural trip of the season to Captain Sundae's.  My favorite models have been photographed in this location many times. But what really caught our attention was this --


The owners are planning to put in an 18 hole miniature golf course adjacent to the ice cream shop.  We spent a fair amount of time trying to make sense of the illustration, walking around the building a few times, trying to put it all into perspective.  We aren't sure how we feel about the change.  We also don't think it will fit.  And there won't be enough parking.  We gave this a lot of thought.


March doesn't get very warm here next to a really big lake full of cold, cold water.  A west wind today didn't help a bit.  The management at the PSPS seems to be optimistic that warmth will return eventually, and is displaying chairs very much like the ones we've seen so many times at South Beach on Gasparilla.  It was nearly too cold to ride my bike today, but the sky was blue and I have the gear, as they say.  Wearing a little more of it on my ride would have been prudent, as I'll be curled up in a blanket on the couch this evening, trying to rewarm my core.  


5 comments:

NCW said...

I like the new view of the light at the end of the tunnel, it's peaceful looking.

The chairs are also a good sign of spring, they look inviting. We had snow today. I closed the drapes so I wouldn't have to look at it.

The little golf course might be fun, but I agree, there's very little parking space.

Nice blog.





Santini said...

NCW -- You and I were just there a few weeks ago. It hasn't changed much since then.

Snow in March is always discouraging. It shouldn't last too long.

The Grands were trying to remember how many times you've been to Captain Sundae's. They were positive at least once, but thought more than that.

Thanks for the comment.

NCW said...

I have been at Captain Sundaes at least two or three times, and maybe even more for treats, and have driven by on numerous occasions when I remember pushing my face up against the car window and drooling as Jim went speeding by, ignoring me completely!

Santini said...

LOL, that's so funny! I can picture that so easily, and I wasn't even there.

As usual, my grandchildren have better memories than I do. I should have known they were right.

Grandma B said...

I also really like the new TP photo. I just made it my desktop background. I hated to lose the gorgeous photo of the dune grass and the stairs leading down to the beach, but I can look at that before bed tonight in my bathroom!

Nice post.