Friday, March 11, 2016

Pfui

LH once again suggested, on our morning walk, that we take an afternoon bike ride.  She was operating off of yesterday's forecast for today, and to be candid, I knew that.  I really should have told her that the temperature forecast had been revised downward substantially.  Mid 50's, with a light wind and sun?  Nice riding weather for March 11.  Mid 40's?  Not so much.  It was my 3rd ride of the week, after having ridden Tuesday and Wednesday.  Wednesday's ride was nearly identical to Tuesday's, except in the opposite direction, and colder.  I got chilled, and didn't blog about it.  Today's ride was even colder.





It was a social ride, our only goal was to ride further than the last time.  We've seen alpaca farms around here before, but this was in a new location, on Riley between 152nd and 160th.  I liked this series of photos.  This week has included medical issues, voting, shopping, several walks, a visit from the college girl, two books in a new murder mystery series I'm reading, a hair appointment and three bike rides.  And a comment from my beloved niece that indicated that she didn't quite believe that the title of this post constituted an actual word in Words With Friends.

4 comments:

BDE said...

I also like the series of photos. She looks like an alpaca whisperer. Good for LH for encouraging you to ride and good for your BN (beloved niece) for being a discriminating Words with Friends player. I like playing her in that game.

What is the new murder mystery series you are reading? I am in two book clubs now and am tired of ready VERY SERIOUS non-fiction or historical fiction.

Beautiful day here.

Santini said...


BDE -- It's the Inspector Gamache series, set in Canada, outside of Montreal. So lots of French phrases and references. The author is Louise Penny, and the series has been compared to the Donna Leon mysteries that we both liked. The first two are Still Life and A Fatal Grace. Though the first three books have a common subplot, unrelated to the murders. I have read the first 4, and will probably read more -- though maybe not all 11 of them.

Gino said...

What in the world is that woman doing with those llamas?

Santini said...

Llamas have long, banana shaped ears. Alpacas have shorter, spear shaped ears. Alpacas also have a "smooshed" look to their faces. So saith the internet of everything.