Thursday, March 17, 2016

Looking for something green.

St. Paddy's Day is not a big deal here in Dutch country, USA.  Even so, it was harder than I expected to find any sign of it today (other than the crowds at bars and local craft breweries.)  I was looking for some additional exercise for today, too -- there has been an old person's string of nights with poor sleep lately, and exercise usually helps that.  It was a fairly typical March 17th, weather wise.  Mid 40's, very windy, patchy blue skies.  The sun is now high enough in the sky to have some warmth of its own, even though the air was cool.  Most of the snow has been gone for a week around here, and there are a few signs that "spring has sprung."


I believe the next line is "the grass has riz."  That is, of course, a bicycle tire for scale next to some tiny white flowers that we'll be calling weeds shortly.


Here is where the bicycle was parked while I took these pictures.  My first ride of the year to the Port Sheldon Party Store.  I may be sufficiently tired.

2 comments:

Gino said...

I red heart your ride to PSPS.

Santini said...

I slept well afterwards. A little bit of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) this morning. All good.