Sunday, December 11, 2016

Re-tracing old steps.

Checking this one off my list was fairly easy.  With the bridges out, the long way around is the only route available from here to the Port Charlotte beach, so it was a bike ride of nearly 9 miles.  It was quiet there for a mild and breezy Sunday afternoon.  The beach has had a few upgrades since  I was here last, the pier has been re-done and the wild grape tree that I usually photograph for Mrs. Smith has disappeared.  The butterfly garden that Jim liked to photograph was in better shape than I've ever seen it.


Birds on the beach.


Tacos at Tijuana Flats sounded good to both of us tonight, so we loaded Ruby into the back of the rental jeep and headed for the mall.  Half way through supper JB commented that "it just doesn't get better than this."  The little cups are for taco sauce from their taco sauce bar.  He got their standard sauce, I got the "Slap my sweet a** and call me Sally" variety -- it's a little bit sweeter.


We stopped at Macy's for Frango mint chocolates on our way home.  They're medicinal, we're pretty sure.  It's another Florida tradition.

3 comments:

BDE said...

No wild grape trees? Mom and I really liked those and the walk to and fro from your home.

Santini said...

BDE -- There are still wild grape trees in the area near the pool, the ones I have photographed, that are now all gone, are down near the boat launch. I'll try to get a photo this week sometime. It will be an easier walk from our house to the beach once the bridges are finally done. Sidewalks all the way.

Santini said...

Tula -- We'd love to see you! We're here until February 5. Doctor's appointments and procedures -- so we won't miss winter.